Everyone is invited to come to the Arch Reactor for the Super Bowl of Destruction. We will have the football game on our big screen for everyone to watch. Not interested? Don’t worry, we also throw this party as something for the non-football enthusiasts. As a hackerspace, we use this time to breakdown all of the donations that are no longer usable or fixable. We have hard drives, computers, printers, server equipment, and more! Come join the mayhem and destruction! Don't forget to bring a Super Bowl party snack to share. We had lots of good food last year.
Destruction starts 12pm on Sunday February 5th at Arch Reactor, 2215 Scott Ave. 63103.
In addition, this year we are adding a Hack-a-thon challenge. After the destruction we will rebuild with all the donated materials in the Space. This year the hot toy for kids was Hatchimals, similar to Tamagotchi electronic pets.
The challenge is to hack together a robotic pet of your own. Here are the rules:
- Must indicate when the pet needs to be fed, walked, and cuddled
- Must be built from materials donated to, resulting from destruction, or already at Arch Reactor. No new materials brought in from outside. The only exception is a storage device for code you intend to use.
- We will start building at 2pm.
- Building will stop at the end of the football game.
- Free to full members. Supporting members and non-members pay a $15 entry fee since we are using materials donated to Arch Reactor.
- Projects will be judged on Creativity, Functionality, Resemblance to a Pet, and Hack Factor.
- First Prize Nvidia Jetson (provided by Second Robotics)
- Second Prize $100 Gift Certificate to Microcomputer Center (provided by Arch Reactor)
- Third Prize Robotics Main Board (provided by Second Robotics)
For more information, check our website and discussion boards at archreactor.org or contact me directly