Science Olympiad Saturday
Saturday April 13th, 2013
5:00PM until 9:00PMish
Open to all ages and to the public. People are encouraged to form teams of 2 or 3 people. Individual players will be matched up prior to the event. We are asking for a $5 donation per team to cover supplies which will be provided. Three events are planned:
1) Egg Drop - Teams will construct apparatuses to be dropped from the top of the building and safely land on a ground target.
2 Boomilever - Teams will design a boomilever (google it). Score will be a combination of weight, weight held and duration of holding the weight.
3) Rube Goldberg machine. Teams will construct a three phase machine with stuff off the junk bins or from within the space. Coolest operational design wins. The rest of the night can be spent combining all the entries into a promotional video for AR.
This event is guaranteed to be fun, prizes are likely to be a slap on the back and status label of "Cool People of the Day". Scoring system is still being finalized but is weighted equally over three events. If there's a tie (which I'm hoping for) , the tie-breaker is awesome.
Arch Reactor Open House This Saturday
April 6th 2013
Click on the link to signup to be a presenterRead more...
HackADay.com Featured Arch Reactor! Yeah!
Soldering & Desoldering A Hands-On How-To Workshop
When: Saturday February 16, 2013 at 9:30am Where: Gateway Electronics
2220 Welsch Industrial Court – St. Louis, MO 63146
What: Participants will learn the basics of soldering and removal of surface
mount components without using costly commercial equipment.
Instructor: Jeff Jackson Materials Fee: $10.00
Class size is limited Advanced registration required Participants
must have experience with thru-hole soldering.Read more...
2013 Election Returns are in!
If you need to contact the board of officers and directors, send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Vice President||Chris Weiss|
|Sargeant at Arms||Niels Black|
|Public Relations||Frank Kallal|
|Social Affairs||Tony Henley|
Join us for the Fire and Ice benefit on January 19th. This promises to be an excellent party.
* Chili competition - up to 25 kinds of chili to taste and vote for.
* Silent Auction - unusual gifts and treasures for uncommon people.
* Fire and Ice Costume Constest: Come to Fire and Ice dressed in your finest Fire and Ice inspired costume attire. Prizes will be awarded based on votes that you earn from other event attendees.
*Demonstrations of liquid nitrogen, static electricity and others.Read more...
January 6 - Class 3 Controlling Motors, Stepper Motors and Servos, Ping Sensors, and IR Sensors
Our third weather balloon had GPS failure shortly after launch. Hopefully, someone will be kind enough to call the number on the payload. Everyone cross your fingers in hope we get everything back!Read more...