From St. Louis Hackerspace Wiki
Using the Public Space for a Public or Private Event
Full Members can request the use of all or some of The Arch Reactor Space for a public or private event such as a party, class, or game night.
- A request to use the space must be made to the Sergent at Arms no less than 1 week before the event is to occur.
- Only one reservation can be made for any given time frame (i.e. the space will not be double booked)
- The Workshop can only be reserved for Sponsored Events. See Sponsored Event Request for details on having your event sponsored by Arch Reactor.
- The Workshop is generally off limits for Non-Sponsored Events, however exceptions can be made in special cases with the approval of the board.
- There is no workshop tool use by non-members except when approved by the board. Any non-members will need to sign the Non-Member Waiver prior to the event.
- Any event using The Workshop must secure any tools not being used for the event prior to its start.
- Access by other Arch Reactor members during the event is not to be restricted.
- Proper cleaning after the event is required within 12 hours of the end of the event. See Cleaning Policy for details.
- The Event Organizer will be responsible for any damage to any part of The Arch Reactor Space or its Equipment by people of the event.
Failure to follow the policy could result in membership revocation.
Space Reservation Request
Contact the Sergent at Arms to request a reservation for all or some of The Arch Reactor Space.
The current Sergent at Arms is Stephen Venters
Please provide these details with your request:
- Your Name as the Event Organizer
- Contact Number and email
- Date / Time requested
- Length of event
- Type of event
- Area requested (Public Space and/or The Workshop)
- A description of your event and how you wish to use the space
- Types of guests (i.e. members, non-members, etc...)
- Event affiliation
- Whether or not alcohol will be involved
- Whether or not you wish your event information public or private on the Arch Reactor Calender
- List of any Equipment wishing to be reserved for the event.
- Requests to other members during your event (i.e. no loud sawing or dust making work)
A response from the Sergent at Arms will be returned within 72 hours of the request informing you whether or not your request was approved. Be aware while publicizing your event that the reservation is not guaranteed until after you receive notification from the Sargent at Arms stating as such.
Upon approval, the block of time you requested will be reserved and an event place holder will be added to the Arch Reactor Calender. If you wish the information to be kept private, the title will simply state "Private Event".