Space Access Control
From St. Louis Hackerspace Wiki
We have this mBed platform device
Got it for free under a promotion to enter into this contest
I'd like the access control project to be what we enter.
Goals (original list entered by cw, please add your name next to anything you add in case clarification is wanted):
- unlock/open door with minimal to zero door modifications.
- use an over the top hanger to mount motor and controller to, with a cable connected to the door level to pull it open
- multiple auth methods such as
- registered USB key - match USB iSerial field, no trivially cloneable data files
- registered SMS - register phone number and passcode, maybe require push button first so it can't be unlocked blindly
- retain ability to open with a key
- since current lock has no inside unlock, use a device to pull and hold the handle
- maybe have a clamp to hold the handle open so the door doesn't lock shut again
- optional and manual tweet when space is opened or closed. simple flip a switch to indicate open or closed.
- camera to record who unlocked
Parts still needed:
- geared motor or servo or some other door handle opener
- Ethernet on the mBed --Chrisw
- door mechanism
- USB on the mBed
- integration with membership site --I'll work on this part -Chrisw