2009 July 14 - Steering Committee Agenda / Minutes
From St. Louis Hackerspace Wiki
Attendance : nathan.fulton, kevin
To continue with the incorporation process.
Items for discussion
Review previous meeting's minutes
Review and approve the consent agenda
* Our VLAA application has been sent in, I am going to follow up with them this week and see where the status is at. * I've been working more on the paperwork I can do on my own, at the next general meeting I will bring the articles of incorporation for people to sign on as incorporators.
We now have the following financial infrastructure :
- Federal Tax ID Number
- Missouri Fictitious Name registration as Arch Reactor
- Nonprofit Organization Bank account through Commerce Bank
We made no purchases in July. We have no debts.
- Security Deposit: We had $200 towards the $700 security deposit.
- Outstanding requirements:
- Insurance has not been obtained
- Water - some progress made, but not enough to have full services
- Gas - if necessary
Sargent at Arms
We weren't really large enough to have a full on meeting, and so we had very few resolutions, We did talk a lot about the future of Arch Reactor and our thoughts are listed below:
- nathan.fulton proposed, and the assembly voted unanimously, that chrwei and the irrational one clean the fridge.
The Future of Meetings
We discussed that at this point, it would be good to move forward with the core motivation of the Reactor and have the following suggestions:
- moving to the quarterly meeting structure "soon"
- keeping Tuesday nights 7:30-10pm (at the moment) open as a constant project sessions. We think those with access should at least guarantee that Tuesdays will be open for people to work on projects.
- steering committee meetings will continue to be held during the project session time
- general body meetings should aim to be held during the same time.
Membership and Interest
Now that we essentially have a space, we should begin developing a plan to increase membership and interest.
Beginning next week (Jul 21), we should start working on at least two projects, one hardware and one software, that are of the most interest to the general membership. Thoughts on projects? These should be posted before the weekend.
Steering Committee Policies
If not specified in the by-laws, we talked about and recommend:
- all steering committee meetings be, by default, open to all and with verbose minutes
- when it is necessary to have a private segment (like relating to a member in default, or outstanding debts, or something serious), that it be noted congress style, along the lines of "the steering committee had a closed-door segment relating to membership standings"